Saturday 1 February 2014

All the 6's - Part Deux !

The year started with a flurry of species but I have not added anything new in the last 10 days.
Since my last posting I have added eight species to the list including Velvet Scoter and Fulmar, neither of which I saw last year. 
The still obvious missing species are LBB Gull, Raven, Redwing, Fieldfare and Sisken amongst others. 
I wonder how much of my patch will be left by the end of the winter. I have never seen anything like the continuous storms and Ben Head and the beach at Mosney are literally getting washed into the sea. There have been a number of times when I couldn't get to the beach because the estuary had become so flooded that it looked like a lake (unfortunately not attracting any new ducks) and overflowed onto the roads.
No doubt this current storm will knock a few more lumps out of Ben Head.
84 species, 98 points and most importantly 66.66% !

Eamonn

No comments:

Post a Comment