Tuesday 7 January 2014

Fine-tooth combing

I have been searching every nook and cranny of my patch in the last couple of days trying to root out species that took me months to find last year and, despite the howling gales, it has been paying off with 14 species added. 
Nothing of any great note was seen but I am amazed at the lack of House Sparrows. I have had just two, whereas, I have found three flocks of Tree Sparrows. 
I'm happy to have Long-tailed Tit, Little Gull, Med Gull and Yellowhammer 'out of the way' as these proved tricky last year.
It is nearly time for me to go into hibernation until April but I have yet to see Raven, Kestrel, LBB Gull, Black Guillemot, Redwing, Fieldfare and Feral pigeon so I can't rest yet.

Eamonn
77 species, 88 points, 59.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment